/ solo dance /
“HUMAN BEING and his resonance in the infinite, changing and renewing circuit of time.”
Choreographer, performer: BATARITA
Composer: KEREK Istvan
Costume design: BATARITA
Production assistant: PINTER Gabor
Photo: PASTOR Alfredo
Hooyong Performing Art Center, Munmak, South-Korea,2010.
- MERLiN Theatre – Budapest, Hungary
- Mujeres en la Danza Festival – Quito, Ecuador
- The Women International Butoh Festival – Guanajuato, Mexico
- schort version in Schlossbröllin, Germany
- TPAM2012, Yokohama, Japan
- Seoul, Busan, South Korea
The antecedents of the piece were four site-specific performances in the nature: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Later these nature-related shows turned into urban interventions in the city of Budapest and Tokyo. SEASONS is the stage adaptation and the essence of this performance series.
Gentle and low, spiritual and profane, ancient and contemporary are all appear in the piece. BATARITA playing with her body in the way that from time to time it turns to ignoble, to man, to woman or even to an animal. Her character is the emerging instinct-being that lies deep in the human body.
Photo: Alfredo Pástor